Budget Inn Room Review

I stayed at the Budget Inn in Pinellas Park, Florida off Hwy 19 N from Thursday, 9/22 until Monday, 9/25.

I've never stayed in such a rat hole! I stayed in room 104.

In addition, my room was never cleaned from the day I checked it nor throughout the weekend. I had to go to the front office to get bath towels which I was given kitchen towels! And no clean towels afterwards. Oh the bottom metal bed frame stuck out easily to trip over. I could not close the bathroom door due to it'd been warped.

There was a lot of "activity" going on on the grounds after dark. I noticed women standing outside their motel room. The night before I left I got in little after 9 from seeing my ill mother all day and as I was unlocking my door a car with some men pulled up by the curb and the driver said to me, "Hey beautiful what you up too!" I didn't look back nor reply to him I hurriedly went in the room and bolted the door.

I've stayed at numerous motels in the past and never encountered such filtiness nor uneasiness about my safety.

I'd like someone from Budget Inn to contact me. I did speak to the manager about the room. His reply was he'd talk to housekeeping.

Cheryl Carroll 337-396-9475

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #926804

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Budget Inn? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 15 #1227400 Phoenix, Arizona

This is the current conditions of a major multitude of motels across the country. Local govt officials know all to well these places exist and don't do anything about them. The owners that are buying these "by the week motels" are fostering drug dealing and prostitution. When confronted with these issues they of course give the obligatory answer that its "outrageous" and the motel doesn't condone these activities but do nothing to combat them. The conditions of the rooms usually are as follows: Plumbing: leaks in the sinks, corroded faucets, bad water filtration systems if any at all make the water just nasty. Bathroom and kitchen conditions: walls and grouts are moldy and nasty from not being cleaned properly or the hard water content of the motels. What makes it even more insulting is that the prices being charged are comparable to hotels that are clean and quiet and well kept
The long term or weekly to monthly tenants share a responsibility here because they wont report these things to the owners. For some reason the people who are living in these places feel that they don't have a right to say something or are embarrassed of their current financial conditions so they don't feel like they have the right, even though they are being raked over the coals in rent, to ask for these repairs.
These "no-tell motels" are the breeding grounds for illness and crimes. The local inspectors are bought off, police can only do so much if they aren't made aware of the crimes being
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Oct 15 #1227402 Phoenix, Arizona

If one room is like that then all remaining rooms are like that. The owners bought these places and they should have invested the money to rip out and redo all that is wrong. This is the disrespect owners have for the tenants and the greed they display...reminds me of the movie "The Super" with Joe Pesci, lol.

0 0 Reply

Oct 05 #1222712 Naples, Florida

The moment you opened the door to go inside the room you could have inspected the room and left immediately. The fact that you stayed anyway pretty much means you accepted the room as is.
The hotel has no control over the people who stay there or their activities.

2 0 Reply
First Born Triplet

Oct 12 #1226075 Ontario, Canada

I agree with some points and disagree with some points. While that hotel has no control over the people that stay and their activities they are responsible to clean the room before giving the key to a guest. But if the OP really saw the conditions were that bad he should have asked for a new room. It is not her fault or the hotel's fault that there are creeps there, but she should have reported the man that harassed her.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Budget Inn. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Budget Inn.
Filing a new complaint about